eCognition Essentials software offers an out-of-the-box solution to perform common remote sensing tasks such as forest, agricultural and land-cover mapping. Furthermore, users can execute change detection tasks by either comparing an image pair from two different time intervals or use an existing GIS-Layer and compare it to a newly acquired image. The guided workflow enables analysis of standard data sources via image segmentation, sample-based or change detection classification, combined with a set of interactive tools for quality control.
Save time with rule-set development through pre-defined workflow steps. Remote sensing and GIS analysts are able to easily extract valuable information with optimal results.
Features & Benefits
• Intuitive user interface powered by Trimble®eCognition® image recognition engine
• Easily perform land-cover mapping tasks or execute change detection analyses based on imagery
• Guided workflows for effectively transforming image data into actionable intelligence
• Analyses raster and vector data from a variety of file types
• Export high-quality, GIS-ready deliverables
• Access geospatial data via Trimble® Data Marketplace
All-In-One Image Analysis Solution
Built on core eCognition software technology, Trimble® eCognition® Essentials offers users a complete out-of-the-box solution for object-based image analysis. With a focus on quickly obtaining quality results and actionable data, eCognition Essentials allows users to easily analyse and transfer image data into intelligent geospatial Information – for example, creating land cover maps to be exported into a GIS database.
Intuitive Graphical Interface
For everyone wishing to utilise remote sensing data, Trimble eCognition Essentials offers an easy-to-use, intuitive graphical user interface. With immediate access to automated segmentation and classification tasks, the software puts a sample-based image classification workflow right in the hands of a production-oriented user.
Supports a Variety of Use Cases
Quickly and efficiently handle a variety of use cases, including:
• Forest cover and forest change mapping for carbon sequestering assessment on REDD++ projects and Kyoto Protocol reports
• Urban cover and urban change mapping for environmental monitoring and urban planning
• Agricultural land mapping and change detection for crop health analysis and agricultural subsidies on a country level
• Basic land cover and change mapping for monitoring of land degradation
Access the Trimble® Data Marketplace
With the Trimble® Data Marketplace plug in for eCognition Essentials you can easily access remote sensing imagery and begin generating results immediately. The platform will be expanded constantly, with the following sets currently available:
• The Landsat 8 library features thousands of clear sky images, automatically added to the library for eCognition available free of charge.
How eCognition Essentials works
Trimble eCognition Essentials offers an easy-to-use, all-in-one software solution for performing professional image analysis with a guided four-step workflow.
1. Import Data
Get straight to work with one-step project creation by importing a variety of geospatial file formats, including Rasters (TIF, IMG, JP2) and Vectors (SHP, FileGDB).
2. Create & Classify Objects
Powered by the proprietary Trimble image analysis engine, eCognition Essentials lets users create objects based on spectral and spatial homogeneity definitions, followed by guided object classification according to pre-loaded or user-defined parameters.
3. Edit Results
Users have a chance to review results and — if needed — modify segmentation and classification rules without re-starting the entire workflow. Now results are ready for evaluating the accuracy by applying use case-oriented statistical values.
4. Export Results
Finish the intuitive, easy-to-use Trimble eCognition Essentials image analysis workflow by exporting a GIS-ready result layer of the final classification results.